This reverse dictionary lets you seek out terms by their meaning. Consider relevantWords.org to get terms pertaining to a word that is single.
Click words for definitions
Finding terms associated with your question. Please be patient!: )
While you’ve most likely noticed, words for ” term ” are mentioned above. Hopefully the list that is generated of for ” term ” above meet your requirements. Or even, you should always check out relevant Words – another task of mine which runs on the various strategy ( maybe perhaps not though that it really works most useful with solitary terms, maybe maybe perhaps not phrases).
About Reverse Dictionary
The way in which Reverse Dictionary works is pretty easy. It just appears through tonnes of dictionary definitions and grabs those that many closely match your search question. As an example, in the event that you type something such as “longing for some time when you look at the past”, then your motor will return “nostalgia”. The motor has indexed a few million definitions thus far, as well as this phase it really is just starting to provide consistently great results (though it would likely get back weird outcomes often). It functions as being similar to a thesaurus except so it enables you to search by having a meaning, as opposed to just one word. Therefore in this way, this device is really a “s.e. For terms”, or perhaps a phrase to word converter.
We made this device after focusing on relevant terms that will be an extremely tool that is similar except it utilizes a lot of algorithms and numerous databases to get comparable terms up to a search question. That task is nearer to a thesaurus into the feeling it also returns many broadly related words that aren’t included in thesauri that it returns synonyms for a word (or short phrase) query, but. Which means this project, Reverse Dictionary, is intended to get hand-in-hand with relevant Words to do something as a brainstorming and word-finding toolset. For people interested, we additionally developed words that are describing can help you find adjectives and interesting descriptors for things ( e.g. Waves, sunsets, trees, etc.).
Just in case you don’t notice, you’ll select terms when you look at the search engine results and you will certainly be given the meaning of this term (if available). The definitions are sourced through the famous and open-source WordNet database, therefore a large as a result of the numerous contributors for producing such an incredible resource that is free.
Unique due to the contributors for the code that is open-source had been used in this task: Elastic Re Re Re Search, @HubSpot, WordNet, and @mongodb.
Listed here is a summary of the websites that i am presently taking care of:
- Reverse dictionary is a webpage enabling one to find words predicated on their meaning. Simply put, it turns sentences (or expressions) into terms.
- Relevant words helps you see similar words. Provide the motor a seed term and it’ll locate a list that is huge of terms. It permits you to complete a wider search compared to a thesaurus permits.
- Describing terms lets you find adjectives or describing expressions and terms for the particular noun or noun expression. It can help you find motivation for explaining things.
- Brand brand new tracks is an aggregation of several listings of brand new tracks from around the online world. It inclides lists of brand new tracks from all genres that are major hip-hop to traditional and everything in between.
- Facebook emojis is merely a giant selection of emojis that may be used on facebook. Additionally, it is searchable, in order to quickly find what you are in search of.
- Metropolitan thesaurus is a thesaurus for slang terms. This website will help you out if you’re looking for synonyms of a slang word.
- Term type is just a easy device to query the part-of-speech of the term.